If your working or personal circumstances have changed then you may be entitled to receive free school meals for your child. Please click on the link below and answer the questions.
Ofsted Rating November 2019 - 'Outstanding!' "This is an exceptional school, where pupils are keen to learn." - Ofsted November 2019. Ofsted Rating November 2019 - 'Outstanding!'
"We are all Stars"
Our vision is to create a happy, caring and stimulating learning environment where all children are inspired to work hard to achieve their full potential. Through a broad and balanced
A very warm welcome to Catherine Infant School.
We are a large infant school situated in the heart of the Belgrave area of Leicester city. We have 410 pupils taught in 12
Our school is a very special place. We pride ourselves on providing a warm, caring, nurturing environment for all our pupils and are absolutely committed to meeting the needs of every pupil. All pupils are encouraged to reach their full potential regardless of background, ability or need.
Our governors, senior leaders, teachers and support staff are committed to working together to provide a broad, balanced and exciting curriculum for our pupils to ensure a firm foundation in reading, writing and mathematical skills. Through a broad range of stimulating and challenging learning
At Catherine Infant School we encourage and work in partnership with parents. This enhances and contributes significantly to pupils learning and the progress they make in school. We ensure that parents are kept fully informed about their child's achievement and progress and how they can support their learning at home.
We would be delighted to welcome you to our school should you wish to visit and see what we have to offer. Please contact the office on 0116 2625422 to make an appointment.
We hope to meet you soon!
Mrs. J. Harrold
Events and workshops
At Catherine Infant School we hold many events, celebrations, special assemblies and parent workshops. We work in partnership with many organisations, Sustrans, Leicestershire Wildlife Trust, Attenborough Arts Centre, Vista, Leicester Adult Education Centre and many others.
Please take a look at the images below to see some of the exciting things that have happened in school recently and in previous years.
Sustrans - Increased Biking and Striding Miles to School
The Big Pedal FS1 Practise on Balanceability Bikes
Reception practised riding bikes and scooters Bling your bike to school day
Year 2 Learn to Ride without Stabilisers day Bike Breakfast
4 Year Partnership with Leicester University Attenborough Arts Centre 2017 - 2021
Yinka Shonibare exhibition visit and creation of Yinka inspired mural in the school hall, 2018-19
Year 1 Artsmark Award
Workshops for parents
Navratri Celebrations & Dancing
Parents, Staff & Children celebrate
Vaisakhi Remembrance Day
Harvest - all our food donations go to Leicester
Open Hands charity. Chinese new year
Easter Christmas - The nativity
- As we expect to see warmer weather over the coming weeks, can we remind parents to put sun cream on your children in the morning, send them with a sunhat with a name in and make sure they have water to drink in school in a water bottle please.
- Children will be celebrating Eid in school on Friday 29th April with the usual celebratory parties and special assembly. We wish all our families celebrating, a very Happy Eid! Eid Mubarak!
- School will close today for the Easter Holidays. School reopens again for all pupils on Monday 25th April 2022. We wish all who are celebrating Easter of Vaisakhi a very happy celebration on your special days! Have a restful school holiday.
- To celebrate the achievements of children making active journeys to school, we will be having an ‘Amazing me’ day on Friday 1st April. On the day, children are encouraged to come to school wearing clothing which celebrates what makes them amazing.
- On Thursday 24th March we will have Dr Bike visiting school. We encourage as many children as possible to cycle or scoot to school, their bike or scooter will then be provided with a free safety check during the day.