Please note Catherine Infant School will be CLOSED from 3:15pm on 24/03/2020 until further notice. If you wish to contact school please do so via email to the following address: email@example.com
Your child should now be at home. But for certain groups, we'll be opening our schools. If you’re a key worker, or your child has an education, health and care plan or a social worker, we have a helpline available. To find out more please call 0116 454 6216 or 0116 454 6217.
Ofsted Rating November 2019 - 'Outstanding!' "This is an exceptional school, where pupils are keen to learn." - Ofsted November 2019. Ofsted Rating November 2019 - 'Outstanding!'
"We are all Stars"
Our vision is to create a happy, caring and stimulating learning environment where all children are inspired to work hard to achieve their full potential. Through a broad and balanced
A very warm welcome to Catherine Infant School.
We are a large infant school situated in the heart of the Belgrave area of Leicester city. We have 410 pupils taught in 12
Our school is a very special place. We pride ourselves on providing a warm, caring, nurturing environment for all our pupils and are absolutely committed to meeting the needs of every pupil. All pupils are encouraged to reach their full potential regardless of background, ability or need.
Our governors, senior leaders, teachers and support staff are committed to working together to provide a broad, balanced and exciting curriculum for our pupils to ensure a firm foundation in reading, writing and mathematical skills. Through a broad range of stimulating and challenging learning
At Catherine Infant School we encourage and work in partnership with parents. This enhances and contributes significantly to pupils learning and the progress they make in school. We ensure that parents are kept fully informed about their child's achievement and progress and how they can support their learning at home.
We would be delighted to welcome you to our school should you wish to visit and see what we have to offer. Please contact the office on 0116 2625422 to make an appointment.
We hope to meet you soon!
Mrs. J. Harrold
Events and workshops
At Catherine Infant School we hold many events, celebrations, special assemblies and parent workshops. We work in partnership with many organisations, Sustrans, Leicestershire Wildlife Trust, Attenborough Arts Centre, Vista, Leicester Adult Education Centre and many others.
Please take a look at the images below to see some of the exciting things that have happened in school recently and in previous years.
Sustrans - Increased Biking and Striding Miles to School
The Big Pedal FS1 Practise on Balanceability Bikes
Reception practised riding bikes and scooters Bling your bike to school day
Year 2 Learn to Ride without Stabilisers day Bike Breakfast
3 Year Partnership with Leicester University Attenborough Arts Centre 2017 - 2020
Yinka Shonibare exhibition visit and creation of Yinka inspired mural in the school hall, 2018-19
Year 1 Artsmark Award
Workshops for parents
Navratri Celebrations & Dancing
Parents, Staff & Children celebrate
Vaisakhi Remembrance Day
Harvest - all our food donations go to Leicester
Open Hands charity. Chinese new year
Easter Christmas - The nativity
- All children entitled to Free School Meals will receive a Tesco food voucher in the post. After this, the Government are organising a scheme for Free School Meals children. We will update the website when we have any more news.
- Parent's please remember if you have any questions during the current closure of school please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Stay safe and well!
- School will be closed until further notice to all but keyworker's children from Friday 20.3.2020 at 3.15pm Work packs are being sent home for every child. Further information to follow.
- On Friday all pupils will be taking part in the pro kick challenge. Please complete and return your child's sponsor form to school to raise money which will go towards changing the lives of young children.
- We are holding parents afternoon/evening on Tuesday between 1:30pm - 6:30pm. Please return the letter to your child's class teacher to make an appointment. We look forward to seeing you on Tuesday and discussing your child's progress.