Ofsted Rating November 2019 - 'Outstanding!' "This is an exceptional school, where pupils are keen to learn." - Ofsted November 2019. Ofsted Rating November 2019 - 'Outstanding!'
"We are all Stars"
Our vision is to create a happy, caring and stimulating learning environment where all children are inspired to work hard to achieve their full potential. Through a broad and balanced
A very warm welcome to Catherine Infant School.
We are a large infant school situated in the heart of the Belgrave area of Leicester city. We have 410 pupils taught in 12
Our school is a very special place. We pride ourselves on providing a warm, caring, nurturing environment for all our pupils and are absolutely committed to meeting the needs of every pupil. All pupils are encouraged to reach their full potential regardless of background, ability or need.
Our governors, senior leaders, teachers and support staff are committed to working together to provide a broad, balanced and exciting curriculum for our pupils to ensure a firm foundation in reading, writing and mathematical skills. Through a broad range of stimulating and challenging learning
At Catherine Infant School we encourage and work in partnership with parents. This enhances and contributes significantly to pupils learning and the progress they make in school. We ensure that parents are kept fully informed about their child's achievement and progress and how they can support their learning at home.
We would be delighted to welcome you to our school should you wish to visit and see what we have to offer. Please contact the office on 0116 2625422 to make an appointment.
We hope to meet you soon!
Mrs. J. Harrold
Events and workshops
At Catherine Infant School we hold many events, celebrations, special assemblies and parent workshops. We work in partnership with many organisations, Sustrans, Leicestershire Wildlife Trust, Attenborough Arts Centre, Vista, Leicester Adult Education Centre and many others.
Please take a look at the images below to see some of the exciting things that have happened in school recently and in previous years.
Sustrans - Increased Biking and Striding Miles to School
The Big Pedal FS1 Practise on Balanceability Bikes
Reception practised riding bikes and scooters Bling your bike to school day
Year 2 Learn to Ride without Stabilisers day Bike Breakfast
3 Year Partnership with Leicester University Attenborough Arts Centre 2017 - 2020
Yinka Shonibare exhibition visit and creation of Yinka inspired mural in the school hall, 2018-19
Year 1 Artsmark Award
Workshops for parents
Navratri Celebrations & Dancing
Parents, Staff & Children celebrate
Vaisakhi Remembrance Day
Harvest - all our food donations go to Leicester
Open Hands charity. Chinese new year
Easter Christmas - The nativity
- School will close on 14/02/2020 for February half term. School will open again on Monday 24th February 2020. We hope all our children, parent's and staff have a lovely half term!
- On the 19th and 20th of November Ofsted inspected our school. We are very pleased to inform you that the outcome of our inspection is that our school is now rated as 'Outstanding'! Please click the above link to view the report.
- On 13/12/19 we would like children to pay £1 to wear a Christmas jumper or something else that is Christmassy. All the money raised will go toward the ‘Save the Children’ charity. Thank you for your support.
- On Tuesday all Year 1 pupils will be going to visit the local Church on Weymouth Street as part of the Year 1 topic work which includes RE. If you have not already done so please return the permission slip to your child's class teacher. Thank you.
- All Stars and Rainbow classes will be taking part in the Christmas Assembly. Entry to the performances will be via ticket only. Please click on the link above to view the times of the performances. We look forward to seeing you all parents!