Attendance during the Covid 19 pandemic.
We are pleased to have welcomed the children and staff back into school safely following lockdown and the summer holidays.
We respectfully ask parents NOT to send in children when they are ill. If your child shows any of the following symptoms, runny nose, fever, sore throat or vomiting, please keep your child and their siblings home. Access a covid test. When the results return, if the results are negative, speak to the office staff and your children can return to school.
If the results are positive you and your immediate family MUST self isolate following government guidelines.
Parents - we ask that you wear a mask or face covering when bringing and collecting your children from school. Maintain 2 metre social distancing at the school gates.
Catherine Infant and Junior schools are working together to ensure families and children remain as well as possible.
If your working or personal circumstances have changed then you may be entitled to receive free school meals for your child. Please click on the link below and answer the questions. This could entitle you to vouchers to the value of £15 per week per child during the COVID-19 crisis.
Ofsted Rating November 2019 - 'Outstanding!' "This is an exceptional school, where pupils are keen to learn." - Ofsted November 2019. Ofsted Rating November 2019 - 'Outstanding!'
"We are all Stars"
Our vision is to create a happy, caring and stimulating learning environment where all children are inspired to work hard to achieve their full potential. Through a broad and balanced
A very warm welcome to Catherine Infant School.
We are a large infant school situated in the heart of the Belgrave area of Leicester city. We have 410 pupils taught in 12
Our school is a very special place. We pride ourselves on providing a warm, caring, nurturing environment for all our pupils and are absolutely committed to meeting the needs of every pupil. All pupils are encouraged to reach their full potential regardless of background, ability or need.
Our governors, senior leaders, teachers and support staff are committed to working together to provide a broad, balanced and exciting curriculum for our pupils to ensure a firm foundation in reading, writing and mathematical skills. Through a broad range of stimulating and challenging learning
At Catherine Infant School we encourage and work in partnership with parents. This enhances and contributes significantly to pupils learning and the progress they make in school. We ensure that parents are kept fully informed about their child's achievement and progress and how they can support their learning at home.
We would be delighted to welcome you to our school should you wish to visit and see what we have to offer. Please contact the office on 0116 2625422 to make an appointment.
We hope to meet you soon!
Mrs. J. Harrold
Events and workshops
At Catherine Infant School we hold many events, celebrations, special assemblies and parent workshops. We work in partnership with many organisations, Sustrans, Leicestershire Wildlife Trust, Attenborough Arts Centre, Vista, Leicester Adult Education Centre and many others.
Please take a look at the images below to see some of the exciting things that have happened in school recently and in previous years.
Sustrans - Increased Biking and Striding Miles to School
The Big Pedal FS1 Practise on Balanceability Bikes
Reception practised riding bikes and scooters Bling your bike to school day
Year 2 Learn to Ride without Stabilisers day Bike Breakfast
3 Year Partnership with Leicester University Attenborough Arts Centre 2017 - 2020
Yinka Shonibare exhibition visit and creation of Yinka inspired mural in the school hall, 2018-19
Year 1 Artsmark Award
Workshops for parents
Navratri Celebrations & Dancing
Parents, Staff & Children celebrate
Vaisakhi Remembrance Day
Harvest - all our food donations go to Leicester
Open Hands charity. Chinese new year
Easter Christmas - The nativity
- We regret to inform you there has been a positive test for Covid19 in Rainbows Nursery. Following advice from Public Health England Rainbow pupils must self-isolate up to and including Tuesday 15th December. School will re-open on Wednesday 16th December
- We regret to inform you there has been a positive test for Covid 19 in Star 2. Following the advice of Public Health England all Star 2 pupils must self-isolate up to and including Tuesday 15th December. School will re-open on Wednesday 16th December.
- Nursery and Star 2 closed tomorrow. Once we know more from Public Health England we will inform you straight away. Meanwhile, your child must self isolate until further notice.
- Thank you to all pupils, parents staff and others in the community for your generous donations for our Harvest collection. We received a huge amount of food that was given to Opens Hands charity - this will help many people in our local area!
- Letter from Peter Soulsby - City Mayor and Elly Cutkevlin - Assistant City Mayor