PE and Sport Funding
What is the PE and Sport Premium?
The Government allocates additional funding to every school with an overall aim of developing or adding to
the PE curricuum offered by the school and to further benefit pupils in future years. Catherine Infant
School have allocated the funds given in order to fulfil this aim in a way that serves the needs of
the pupils at our school.
How much does the school receive?
Total amount received 2018/19: £18220
How will the school spend the Premium and what are we aiming to achieve?
The expenditure of the funding is managed by school Governors, the Senior Leadership Team and the P. E. Subject Leader to ensure the funds are used appropriately and effectively. The funding will be used to enhance the provision of PE and physical activity at lunchtime and playtime. A small amount of further funding will be added by the school.
Sport Premium EXPECTED Expenditure at Catherine Infant School 2018/2019
(Last updated 02/01/19)
The 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvements in across the school by using this funding include:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity (children 5-18 should engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity per day of which 30 minutes should be in school)
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- There is increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities are offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
Catherine Infant School
|PE and Sport Premium EXPECTED Expenditure at Catherine Infant School 2018 2019.pdf||Download|
|PE and Sport Premium EXPECTED Expenditure at Catherine Infant School and EVALUATION 2017-18.pdf||Download|
Further information about the PE and Sport Premium funding for schools can be found at: