"We are all Stars"
Our vision is to create a happy, caring and stimulating learning environment where all children are inspired to work hard to achieve their full potential. Through a broad and balanced
A very warm welcome to Catherine Infant School.
We are a large infant school situated in the heart of the Belgrave area of Leicester city. We have 392 pupils taught in 12
Our school is a very special place. We pride ourselves on providing a warm, caring, nurturing environment for all our pupils and are absolutely committed to meeting the needs of every pupil. All pupils are encouraged to reach their full potential regardless of background, ability or need.
Our governors, senior leaders, teachers and support staff are committed to working together to provide a broad, balanced and exciting curriculum for our pupils to ensure a firm foundation in reading, writing and mathematical skills. Through a broad range of stimulating and challenging learning
At Catherine Infant School we encourage and work in partnership with parents. This enhances and contributes significantly to pupils learning and the progress they make in school. We ensure that parents are kept fully informed about their child's achievement and progress and how they can support their learning at home.
We would be delighted to welcome you to our school should you wish to visit and see what we have to offer. Please contact the office on 0116 2625422 to make an appointment.
We hope to meet you soon!
Mrs. J. Harrold
Events and workshops
At Catherine Infant School we hold many events, celebrations, special assemblies and parent workshops. We work in partnership with many organisations, Sustrans, Leicestershire Wildlife Trust, Attenborough Arts Centre, Vista, Leicester Adult Education Centre and many others.
Please take a look at the images below to see some of the exciting things that have happened in school recently and in previous years.
Sustrans 2017-18 - Increased Biking and Striding Miles to School
The Big Pedal 2018 FS1 Practise on Balanceability Bikes
Reception practised riding bikes and scooters Bling your bike to school day
Year 2 Learn to Ride without Stabilisers day Bike Breakfast
3 Year Partnership with Leicester University Attenborough Arts Centre 2017 - 2020
Yinka Shonibare exhibition visit and creation of Yinka inspired mural in the school hall, 2018-19
Year 1 Artsmark Award 2017-18
Forest Schools March - June 2018
Workshops for parents
Navratri Celebrations & Dancing 2017
Parents, Staff & Children celebrate
Vaisakhi Remembrance Day
Harvest - all our food donations go to Leicester
Open Hands charity. Chinese new year
Easter Christmas - The nativity
Catherine Infant School News
- As part of our continued work with Sustrans Cycling Project we have Dr Bike in school on 14/02/19. Parents and children in Stars, Comets or Asteroids can bring their bikes into school for a free bicycle safety check!
- 60 KS1 children are going to the Leicester Tigers today to meet Sarah McIntyre, listen to her new story and enjoy a workshop with her. The buses leave at 9am.
- Kung Hey Fat Choy! We are celebrating Chinese New Year. The Chinese Lion is coming to dance in our assembly. We are enjoying lots of learning activities based on Chinese New Year and ending the day with a special assembly.
- Comet 1 & 2 parents - As part of their topic, Comet 1 & 2 welcome parents into the classes today at 9.30am to talk about the toys they played with as children and the toys our children play with today.
- 10/01/2019 Comet 3 & 4 Toys Workshop with parents Parents - remember to attend the toys past and present workshop with your children today