"We are all Stars"
Our vision is to create a happy, caring and stimulating learning environment where all children are inspired to work hard to achieve their full potential. Through a broad and balanced
A very warm welcome to Catherine Infant School.
We are a large infant school situated in the heart of the Belgrave area of Leicester city. We have 405 pupils taught in 12
Our school is a very special place. We pride ourselves on providing a warm, caring, nurturing environment for all our pupils and are absolutely committed to meeting the needs of every pupil. All pupils are encouraged to reach their full potential regardless of background, ability or need.
Our governors, senior leaders, teachers and support staff are committed to working together to provide a broad, balanced and exciting curriculum for our pupils to ensure a firm foundation in reading, writing and mathematical skills. Through a broad range of stimulating and challenging learning
At Catherine Infant School we encourage and work in partnership with parents. This enhances and contributes significantly to pupils learning and the progress they make in school. We ensure that parents are kept fully informed about their child's achievement and progress and how they can support their learning at home.
We would be delighted to welcome you to our school should you wish to visit and see what we have to offer. Please contact the office on 0116 2625422 to make an appointment.
We hope to meet you soon!
Mrs. J. Harrold
Events and workshops
At Catherine Infant School we hold many events, celebrations, special assemblies and parent workshops. We work in partnership with many organisations, Sustrans, Leicestershire Wildlife Trust, Attenborough Arts Centre, Vista, Leicester Adult Education Centre and many others.
Please take a look at the images below to see some of the exciting things that have happened in school recently and in previous years.
Sustrans - Increased Biking and Striding Miles to School
The Big Pedal FS1 Practise on Balanceability Bikes
Reception practised riding bikes and scooters Bling your bike to school day
Year 2 Learn to Ride without Stabilisers day Bike Breakfast
3 Year Partnership with Leicester University Attenborough Arts Centre 2017 - 2020
Yinka Shonibare exhibition visit and creation of Yinka inspired mural in the school hall, 2018-19
Year 1 Artsmark Award
Workshops for parents
Navratri Celebrations & Dancing
Parents, Staff & Children celebrate
Vaisakhi Remembrance Day
Harvest - all our food donations go to Leicester
Open Hands charity. Chinese new year
Easter Christmas - The nativity
- To our pupils, parents and staff we wish you all a very happy summer holidays! Have a lovely time with your friends and families. We also wish all our Year 2 pupils the very best as they move on to their new schools. Happy Summer Holidays!
- Please ensure Year 2 pupils arrive promptly on Wednesday to be ready to board the coaches for Cadbury World. Unfortunately the coaches cannot wait for any late arrivals.
- Year 2 pupils will complete their dance Artmark award in a day, A3 & 4 on Monday and A1 & 2 on Friday. Please remember PE kits. Parents are invited to attend the assembly at 2.45pm to see their children perform.
- We welcome all new parents of FS1 and FS2 children to meet staff and hear all about our EYFS settings and settling their child into school.
- Year 1 children take their phonics screen check this week. We encourage the children to apply their phonic knowledge, look out for the special friends, sound out and blend the real and nonsense words and to do their best. Good luck children and staff.